pin

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Clay Leaves

I was super excited to display the 5th Grade Leaves today. They were too!! When researching the lesson, I found many sites that had various directions for students to follow.  I combined a few ideas and I will make a few changes next year. This lesson is a keeper and it also coordinates with the student's adventure camp trip later this month!

Note to self...Next year I will:

1. Only use Terra Cotta Clay. I used white this year and terra-cotta looked much better.

2. Put the clay leaf in a bowl instead of draping it over a bowl.

3. Bisque fire the clay first, instead of using Stroke and Coat glazes. Too fragile.

Over all, I think they are beautiful!!

 

[caption id="attachment_581" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Terra Cotta with Stroke and Coat Glaze[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Beth

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.